segunda-feira, 7 de janeiro de 2013

Bout of Books 6.0 Read-a-Thon - Goals & Updates


Participant: Pedacinho Literário

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @On a Book Bender and Kelly @Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 7th, and runs through Sunday, January 13th, in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 6.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
~From the Bout of Books 6.0 Team

***

Being my first experience on a Read-a-Thon, I promise I’ll try not to mess things up. =) So, my goals are:

* To read every day;
* To try and read all the books I’m about to post (or even some others if I feel like it)
* To participate in some of the challenges;
* To (possibly) socialize with other readathoners.

The books I’m hoping to read during this week are:


Forsaken, Jana Oliver
Darkness Before Dawn, J. A. London
O Diabo do Rio, Patricia Briggs
Sangue Quente, Isaac Marion
Senhor Monstro, Dan Wells

I’ll be posting my updates in this post when/if necessary. And… that’s it. Wish me luck! =)


Updates:


Monday
What I’ve read today:
75 pages from Senhor Monstro (Mr. Monster), de Dan Wells
Total of books I’ve read so far:
0


Challenges
Scientific Discovery - The Book Barbies

You have made a scientific discovery (who knew you were so good at science?!) on how to bring fictional characters to life. The problem? The method still isn’t *perfect,* so you can only bring two people to life, and they must return to the land of fiction in 30 days. Who will you choose as your bestie and your love interest for that one splendid month? (Feel free to add pictures if you like, but they are not required.)


Uh, not an easy question, have to admit it... but... if I could only pick two fictional characters, those would be, as bestie, Cinder from Cinder by Marissa Meyer and as my love interest Collin Bridgerton from the Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn. Why these two? Well, I truly loved Cinder and I think we would match perfectly because we would, somehow, complement each other in a great friendship. While I'm more calm and relaxed, she is a kick-ass girl who would never leave a friend behind. Plus, we both wouldn't be able to let go nor stop fighting for our dreams. As for Collin... do I really need to say anything? He's funny, enigmatic, extremely easy on the eyes and such an amazing person to have as a friend AND boyfriend. So many times I've wished we was real... =)


Tuesday

What I’ve read today: 158 pages of Darkness Before Dawn J. A. London
Total pages so far: 233 pages

Total of books I’ve read so far: 0


Challenges
Guess the Cover - Never Too Fond of Books (Completed)
Favorite/Funniest Cover - Ms. Buff (Completed)



Wednesday

What I’ve read today: 110 pages from Darkness Before Dawn
Total pages so far: 343 pages
Total of books I’ve read so far: 0

Challenges
Page 48 Challenge - Booking in Heels


* Turn to page 48 of your current book, or 48% if you're using an e-reader.
* Take the first complete sentence on that page and copy it.
* Now you're going to continue the story! Ignoring the real plot or anything else you know about that book, add four new sentences of your very own. You can morph the plot completely, kill everybody off or go off on a huge tanged - anything goes!

I'm reading Darkness Before Dawn and here goes my entry:

"Don't forget how long it takes to get ready," she reminds me.
Like I could ever forget when you keep reminding me of it, of everything actually. Of how stupid I was yesterday by thinking I could ever get away from you, escape from you. Of how naïve I tend to become every time you're around, every time you're by my side, in front of all those people you want to impress. Of... Of how trapped I am in this life with you, obliged to serve you, to be your little doll in all these pretty little dresses. I can no longer keep pretending... I have to do something!

Thursday
What I’ve read today: 74 pages from Darkness Before Dawn
Total pages so far: 417
Total of books I’ve read so far: 1 (Darkness Before Dawn)

Friday
What I’ve read today: 104 pages from Cinzas da Meia-Noite (Ashes of Midnight)
Total pages so far: 520 
Total of books I’ve read so far: 1 (Darkness Before Dawn)

Challenges
Rewrite the Synopsis - A Daydreamer's Thoughts

Well... because this read-a-thon is not exactly going as I expected (less time to read), I've decided to change some of the books and, due to that, the cover I am writing the synopsis for, in this challenge, is my current reading - Ashes of Midnight by Lara Adrian. Even though I'm reading the Portuguese version, I am going to use the original cover if that's all right. =)

Synopsis
It all started with a smile. Then, a soft whisper followed by an intense look at midnight. And then, right at the end, a kiss. A simple, passionate kiss that gave her the promise of a new world, a new life. But nothing could prepare her for all the ashes that would come with it, all the trouble, all the problems, all the deaths. Because him, the man that stole her heart at that masquerade party, is the only one who can put both pain and lust in her "happily ever after".

 
 
Saturday 
What I’ve read today: 225 pages from Cinzas da Meia-Noite (Ashes of Midnight)
Total pages so far
: 7
45
Total of books I’ve read so far:
2 (Darkness Before Dawn + Cinzas da Meia-Noite)
 
Sunday

What I’ve read today:

Total of books I’ve read so far:





5 comentários:

p7 disse...

Ops, acabei de te responder no meu post, nem vi que já tinhas feito o teu.

Boa sorte para o teu primeiro read-a-thon. Se precisares de qualquer coisa, ou tiveres dúvidas, apita. ;)

Mafi disse...

Uiii boa sorte!!

Claire disse...

Ooh creepy take on the page 48 challenge! Great job though.

My Page 48 challenge is here if you'd like a look :)

Unknown disse...

I enjoyed your entry for the page 48 challenge! Good luck on your reading and have fun!

Jessica @ Literary, etc

jen7waters disse...

Então! como vai a read-a-thon? :)

2009 Pedacinho Literário. All Rights Reserved.